Chiropractic Care And Hip Pain
About 58.9% of Americans live with pain whereby hip pain is the third most common type of pain, affecting nearly 3 out of 10 U.S adults. Hip pain is devastatingly painful and can complicate your daily activities like running, walking, kicking, and jumping. Here at Wolke Chiropractic in North Haledon, IL, our chiropractors determine the source of your hip pain and then create a personalized treatment plan that can include:
- Exercise therapy
- Chiropractic adjustments
What Causes Hip Pain?
Most patients, including top athletes, experience hip pain because of the irregularities of the hip’s soft tissues, bones, joints, blood vessels, and nerves. Also, diseases like shingles, trochanteric bursitis, and arthritis can cause hip pain. Other causes of hip pain include injury or trauma to the hip, often from back or spine problems. Some of the common symptoms of hip pain include:
- Difficulty sleeping on the hip
- Gross pain
- Tenderness in the hip
- Joint pain
- Loss of motion in the hip
- Swelling over the hip
How Can Chiropractic Care Help People Suffering From Hip Pain?
Many patients have used chiropractic care for hip pain relief and increased functionality and mobility. Our chiropractor uses different types of adjustment techniques and methods that include:
High-Velocity, Low-Amplitude (HVLA) Thrust
HVLA thrust is a manual adjustment that applies sudden, controlled forces to your hip joint. Sometimes a ‘crack’ or ‘pop’ can be heard in the joint. The three main types of adjustments with HVLA thrust include:
- Thompson Terminal Point: It uses a precision adjusting table with a weighing mechanism that gives sufficient tension to keep you upright before the pressure of thrust is applied.
- Diversified technique: Here, a series of quick adjustments are applied to every joint.
- Gonstead Adjustment: It positions the body differently and uses specialized chairs and tables to adjust each joint quickly.
Low-force, Gentle Chiropractic
It’s best for you if you’re uncomfortable with sudden movement or have conditions that make HVLA thrust impossible. Our chiropractor applies low force continually to achieve the desired effects. The most common type of low-force, gentle chiropractic is spinal mobilization techniques. They include:
- Activator method: This method uses a hand-held tool to test muscles, take measurements and adjust the spine.
- Release work: The chiropractor uses their fingertips to apply gentle pressure to every vertebra. The aim is to gently re-align the bones without speed or force.
- Toggle drop: A drop table is used whereby our chiropractor places their hands-on part of focus and applies steady pressure, then release a portion of the table.
- Core flexion-distraction: The lower spine is smoothly rocked back and forth to apply steady pressure for adjustment.
- Mackenzie technique: This method allows you to dictate your most comfortable posture for adjustment. If you’re anxious about chiropractic care, this might be the best method.
At Wolke Chiropractic we choose the chiropractic adjustment for hip pain relief that works best for you.
Reach Out to Our Chiropractor in North Haledon, IL for Hip Pain Relief
Here at Wolke Chiropractic, North Haledon, IL, we create a personalized treatment plan using highly effective, non-invasive methods targeted at your hip pain. Our natural treatments for hip pain help you avoid the risk and costs of medications and surgery. Call us today to schedule a free consult.