Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
An injury created by frequent repetitive stress
Our North Haledon Chiropractic Care & Rehabilitation Clinic Guarantees
- Lifestyle Counseling for Your Optimized Health
- Treatment with a Drug Free, Hands-on Approach
- Comprehensive, Customized Chiropractic Care Plan
Our Chiropractic Clinic Can See You Today! Call us at (973) 423-9001 To Schedule Today!
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) is a trauma injury caused either by frequent repetitive stress in sports or work environments, or by a sudden event such as a fracture. TOS occurs when there is compression at the superior thoracic outlet involving the neurovascular bundle passing between the anterior scalene and middle scalene. It usually affects the brachial plexus, which are the nerves passing into the arms and neck.
Physical Therapy for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)
Wolke Therapists can create a customized care plan
Our Physical Therapists can diagnose the causes of your TOS and provide specific exercises to reduce pain and increase your range of motion, such as the following:
- Corner Stretch: Stand about a foot away from a corner with your hands at shoulder height on each wall. Lean into the corner until you feel a stretch across your check and hold for five seconds
- Neck Stretch: Put your right hand behind your back and your left hand on your head. Pull your head toward your left shoulder and hold for five seconds. Repeat the opposite side.
- Should Rolls: Shrug your shoulders up, back, and down in a circular motion
- Neck Retraction: Pull your head straight back, keeping your jaw level. Hold for five seconds.
At Wolke Chiropractic & Rehabilitation we have chiropractic care, therapeutic massage, physical therapy, and acupuncture for pain relief, spine correction and structural restoration. Additionally, we offer wellness plans for those looking to continue to remain healthy once their problem is corrected. Book an appointment with us today!